Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Colossus. . .And The Rift of The Pan-Dimensional Undergods





Sean Buchanan - Vocals

Andy Lewis - Guitar
Bill Fisher - Guitar
Nicky Nixon - Guitar
Rylan Wilshire - Bass
Doza Mendoza - Drums




Don't let the funny looking guys fool you, they play music like no other in this modern age of ours borrowing power from olden gods of heavy metal Iron Maiden complete with double guitar harmonies and three guitarists other notable influence is NWOBHM legends Angel Witch. I am really glad that Killer Metal Records(germany) had decided to re-issue this gem originally released in the US. 9 fine cuts of guitar driven,story telling,epic heavy metal and 2 instrumentals. lyrical themes range from the humorous "Ghost Fucker", to fantasy(Hoc-Tel,Limit Break) to great nods and tribute to films & books( The Day The Earth Stood Still, Mad Max, Willow, Ben-Hur,Salamandastron)

You really can't go wrong with this band the only problem I see with this one is that their lyrics were never released and if you can not understand the stories it might get in the way of you enjoying the band, when I contacted them about it they told me that Sean(vocalist) keeps it only inside his head when he writes, so they told me if I can write all the lyrics down without making that much mistakes and send it to em I get a free shirt but I did not hear back from them hahaha.

Anyways. go check it out! fuckin awesome throwback.




No comments:

Post a Comment