Monday, January 17, 2011

Pathogen - Blasphemous Communion LP

(12" ver. beside the US Old Cemetery Records CD ver.)




Pathogen is one of the most hardworking local bands around w/ 2 full lengths, 2 splits, 3 demo's and a handful of reissues in different formats dating back to 2001 under their sleeves. I have a great amount of respect for them and their inability to vomit forth sub-par material continues to befuddle me.

This first attempt at a full length is metal the way it should be fuckin played,ugly,dirty and evil,conjuring up images of hell,oblivion and death. sick barbaric an' chaotic old school death metal in your face, the music is straightforward without the technical wankery I despise and the production is befitting of the record, the vocals of Willie Desamero is at the level of a low to mid range growl that is easy to understand enough to be deciphered and the drumming is top notch and relentless.

They incorporate thrash,black,grind,death and even doom (see slow paced crushing track Blood Orgy) and other elements into their music reminiscent of some tampa vibes, Death,Possessed,Cause of Death Obituary,Asphyx,Autopsy,Morbid Angel and shit like that.. 
another life changing favorite and an instant classic in the local scene .
Pathogen is IMO the best old school influenced death metal band to come out of this hellhole and I've been going to their gigs since I had the pleasure of stumbling into one of their sets in Cavite City in early '09 back when I still didn't know what real metal sounded like, I think I've only missed four or five of their unholy rituals since then..
10/10
(The first Pathogen gig I went to)

Their material is already uploaded in numerous local blogspots without discussing what they sound like.
so I uploaded it myself.....stay tuned for the vinyl rip...
for fans of: Old School Death Metal in general.




E-mail the band at :pathogenic_virulence@hotmail.com

Contact:
Band Contact: Willie Desamero ..4M.fule sahagun st., San Pablo City,Laguna 4000 Philippines

Remember IF YOU LIKE IT, FUCKIN GET IT'S TANGIBLE FORM OR DIE..

No comments:

Post a Comment