Sunday, January 23, 2011

Infernal Curse(Argentina) Live In Manila Gig Review




Got to the venue a little early(6:30) must've been one of the first 20 people there,bought some cd's n zine's they had for sale. drank with komrades outside for what seemed like forever. 

(First bottle +10 to drunkedness)
Alternating from alkoholiks outside to sharing shots with familiar faces indoors.I didn't need to get in line
(this is the first time I've seen a line outside an underground gig! such a mindfuck)
(Edward bassist and vox for Corrupt Insanity)
 to get inside since I was one of the few firsts to get to the venue, The first band to grace the stage with their performance was Valenzuela City based thrashers Corrupt Insanity(already featured in this blog just find it). Opening with their perfect rendition of Slayer's War Ensemble following it up with originals including Human Mania & Deadline(i think) completing their U.S. influenced thrashin' set with Raining Blood.(instrumental) 


Edward(vox/bass) urging the crowd to take the mic and sing. After that I went outside to chug down a few more bottles of beer acquired from random heddbangers and a couple of shots of some weird concoction from Baguio locals I just met that tasted like sweet vinegar that makes you intoxicated...


Raw Primitive two-piece black metal unit Karimlan were to go up next 
(BM horde Karimlan)
so I just waited to hear some shit coming from inside before severing an interesting conversation I had with one of the dudes outside. As usual they delivered a mighty set in the vein of darkthrone-ish stuff invoking strong emotions of hatred with each song made better by being backed up by a much superior sound system than when I last saw them(late last year I think). I spoke to the guys when they finished the set and bought Karimlan CD-rs off em' they offered to let me pay in beer but I refused.


It was my first time to hear Demonic but I have chugged alcohol with some of their members before,they unleashed a good but somewhat unrefined set of supposedly evil death metal, sealing the deal vomiting up an excellent cover of a Nunslaughter song fuckin good job!
(Erwin,Bassist cum Vocalist for the night for demonic)
Mass Hypnosia!!!!! Well we all know how awesome M.H.'s live sets are
(Karl Rosales performing Mass Hypnosis)


they played Stench of Cremation,Warface,,Fascist,Attempt To Assassinate,Traumatic Violence, Denial of Life and other songs that I must've forgotten. T'was so fuckin awesome that I almost forgot to take pictures of em. to me their unique brand of death thrash is aces! that repetitive bass line from Traumatic Violence is sooo damn catchy and cool it was almost worth the entire trip from LPC to Pasig an' back.



(Vro of Paganfire)
After M.H. was Paganfire a band I always look forward to seeing as they only play a few times a year and they were one of the main reasons I went to the event in the first place, as always they did not fail to deliver, it was a shorter set than usual though. They thrashed out fuckin killer whiplash causing tunes to punch faces too such as Terminator,Obscure Syndrome and Durugin at kayo'y Sumpain (...nang Apoy ng Kamunduhan) I think....anyways the only thing I remember of the Pagan set was me singing along to Terminator and being driven to madness by their teutonic influenced, alcohol chugging anthems of hate fueled by passion for their craft! 


                         BANG YOUR HEADS MGA PUTANGINA NIYO! 


after Paganfire I kinda just drank with friends,acquaintances,familiar faces and randoms and did stuff outside I don't want to write about here.


 got back inside and witnessed Stephanie the cute drummer of Infernal Curse pounding at it gracefully and with such finesse.





 and Eric smashing and throwing shit.. they only played three to four something songs, and walked out due to the fucked up sound problem they were having, throwing the mic stand and smashing his borrowed guitar to the ground damaging the finish at the edge.




Infernal Curse's set was not the greatest of experiences but an educational one....Its such a mindfuck that the event did not go well as planned technical difficulties and all but still this beats the shit out of any gig I attended last year(sans M.H. album launch) ANK continues to outdo themselves as each gig pass,there is something about their gatherings that makes it enjoyable,laid back, fun and energetic even for an A.D.D. fuck up like me, the minor setbacks that have occurred did not get in the way of thrash maniacs to enjoy the kick-ass show and bang their heads and chug down beer and liquor to their hearts content!!


to end on a good note, everybody that went must've had a good time sore necks,hangovers,stuff added to their collections and all.. this event is 100% excellent!


I also missed some noteworthy and exceptional bands such as Tenebrion


and the mighty one man band Slaughter Messiah with session musicians that I regret on missing due to being totally wasted and toking outside with some dudes! fuck it there will be another time where our infernal paths will cross again...


HAIL ANK! HAIL COPPERHEAD! HAIL LIFESPAN! HAIL DETHRONE! HAIL NETHERWORLD! HAIL ANURA! 


On another good note I scoured some thrash and death metal shit and zines from local maniacs and Stephanie of Infernal Curse.




CONTACT INFO'S SOON TO FOLLOW AND WILL BE SEEN AT THE SPACE BELOW, they only gave me their cellphone numbers.

_____________________________________

reon kadena is hot!


Drunk PUNKX NOT DEAD! speedmetalcrustpunk lives on..


photo's taken by me & my crappy camera. fuck copyright fuck a goat..


-Carlos

No comments:

Post a Comment